CFM Logs $4.2 Billion in CFM56 Engine Orders during the 2011 Paris Air Show
June 23, 2011
CFM International has booked firm orders for 420 CFM56-5B and CFM56-7B engines during the 2011 Paris Air Show, the largest one-week total in the company's history:
CFM56-5B engines to power Airbus A320 aircraft:
- Air Lease Corporation (ALC) 20 firm Airbus A320 family aircraft;
- Hainan Airlines 42 Airbus A320 family aircraft;
- Jazeera Airways four Airbus A320 aircraft
National Air Services (NAS) 20 firm Airbus A320 family aircraft;
- Shenzhen Airlines 10 A320 family aircraft
- Tibet Airlines Co. Ltd., three Airbus A319 aircraft;
- Virgin America 30 Airbus A320 family aircraft.
CFM56-7B engines to power Boeing 737 aircraft:
- Air Lease Corporate announced its plan to purchase 14 737-800s.
- Malaysia Airlines exercised options to purchase 10 737-800 aircraft;
- MIAT Mongolian Airlines orders two 737-800s.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA (Norwegian) ordered 15 737-800 aircraft
- UTair Aviation, the largest 737 operator in Russia, ordered 33 Boeing 737-800s and seven 737-900ER aircraft;
CFM56 engines are a product of CFM International, a 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran group) and GE. CFM, the world's leading supplier of commercial aircraft engines, has delivered 22,200 engines to date.